Local SEO is a great way to get more exposure in your home town or city and is always a hot topic. Who still uses the Yellow Pages? Not me. Google is always looking to improve the local aspect of their search engine. Every now and then Google will release an update that improves local city and town search results. A blessing for local businesses. As someone who follows Google and is constantly optimizing web content for local and global businesses, I can tell you local SEO works.
Here are a few tips for optimizing your site for local SEO. Just remember to become the person who is doing the local search. If you are good at knowing what others are searching for then your website should reap the benefits of local SEO optimization.
Local SEO Tips:
- When optimizing your website for local SEO, think local only.
- Network with other groups and communities with similar interests. Facebook and Google+ are great for this.
- Think about all the possible search phrases and keywords your visitors and competitors are using.
- Go over your titles, descriptions carefully.
- All of your images should have ALT tags containing keyphrases surrounding your business locally.
- Become your potential customer.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions or comments please post them below.